Nothing beats a smile with confidence. So, if you have problems with your teeth because of extraction, chipped teeth of other issues, it is time to solve it with fixed prosthetic devices which are crowns and bridges. Buckhead Atlanta Dentistry offers dental care that includes crowns and bridges to patients in Buckhead and metro Atlanta Area.
A Crown is known as a cover or cap for a damaged tooth. Covering a tooth with a crown will strengthen it, restore its function and improve its appearance.
When would you need a crown?
- Discolored Teeth. If there are changes in the teeth such as becoming transparent or it darkens, it may be weakening. In strengthening the tooth and restore its natural shape, the crown will be fabricated to match other teeth.
- Replacement of Filling. There are risks of fractures and nerve inflammation if the tooth has filling. To avoid such complications construction of a crown will be recommended before it becomes too big.
- Protection of Weak Tooth. Crown protects the teeth to prevent the weakened tooth from cracking and breaking.
- Prevention of further fracturing. If fine lines and cracks are visible on the tooth, this may be an indication that the tooth is at risk of complete fracture. Crown could prevents and protects it from splitting apart.
- Covering Dental Implants. Dental Implants are screws that are used in the area of a missing tooth. To make the implant function the crown is placed on top of it to act as the teeth.
Bridges functions as a replacement of missing tooth. They are attached to implants or natural teeth near the empty area. Bridges prevent a gap from affecting the mouth with gum diseases. Materials used for the bridges are porcelain and ceramic to match the natural teeth.
Crowns and Bridges could last for many years, but with proper care, it will last a lifetime. With good oral hygiene, you could extend the life of your crown and bridges. The health of one’s mouth, gums, and bones, must be highly considered for it is the foundation of these prosthetic devices. A regular visit to the dentist in Buckhead for checkups are essential for maintenance and diagnosis.
To know more about crowns and bridges in Atlanta, schedule your dental visit now, we offer a convenient location at 3525 Piedmont Rd NE Building 8, #420, Atlanta, GA 30305 or call us at 404-261-3091.